The truth about eBay, Paypal, and Amazon fees
Ever wondered about how much it actually costs to use eBay, Paypal, and Amazon? Its not free that’s for sure.
As a very rough guide, the cost incurred is based upon the price at which your item sells.
- Using eBay you should expect to pay in the region of 10% of the sales price. Unless the deal is sealed using cash, then you will end up using Paypal (the standard transaction platform for eBay) which will charge you just over 3% of the sales price. So the eBay platform will usually incur a total of approximately 13%.
- Amazon (which includes its own payment mechanism) will usually charge just over 17% in total.
Our useful instant calculator uses this information to show you instantly how much money you will net from selling any item at any particular price using these platforms.
eBay’s full run-down of their fee structure can be found here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html
Paypal’s full run-down of their fee structure can be found here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
Amazon’s full run-down of their fee structure can be found here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149301